£50.00 | $85.95
1 December 1995
Education, Human Rights
Academic Freedom 4
Education and Human Rights
Edited by Ximena Erazo, Mike Kirkwood, Frederiek de Vlaming
'This series constitutes a timely addition to continuing discourses about democratic development, human rights, civil society and human resource development. It finally disabuses anyone still harbouring any lingering romantic notions about intellectual ivory towers: conflict over 'academic' freedom is immediate, ubiquitous and dangerous.' - Canadian Journal of Development Studies
- Politics in the Congo: Theodore Trefon (Congo Masquerade) speaks as part of the Cultural Knowledge Consortium Speaker Series
- John Young responds to Alex de Waal's review of his book 'The Fate of Sudan: The Origins and Consequences of a Flawed Peace Process'
- Democracy in the Americas after Chavez: Book launch of 'Cuba and its Neighbours: Democracy in Motion' with author Arnold August
- Audio recording from the launch of 'Race, Racism and Development' by Kalpana Wilson
- Socialist Review reviews Marin Sitrin's 'Everyday Revolutions'