In this ground-breaking and much-needed book, Stellan Vinthagen provides the first major systematic attempt to develop a theory of nonviolent action since Gene Sharp's seminal The Politics of Nonviolent Action in 1973.
Employing a rich collection of historical and contemporary social movements from various parts of the world as examples - from the civil rights movement in America...
- ASSATA: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY - Launch event round-up!
- COMPETITION - win a limited edition Assata Tee and a copy of 'Assata: An Autobiography'!
- WATCH: The End of Capitalism: Robert Wade, Pippa Malmgren and Pnina Werbner debate
- Assata Shakur's story "stands the test of time"
- PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT: the CROP International Studies in Poverty Prize 2014